Sending Alt Command in TS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Alt Command in TS

I have searched for this answer to no avail. Is it possible to send the alt command in a terminal session? I have a special app on my terminal server that uses an extended ascii character in the password. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Sending Alt Command in TS

Hi,

I guess that you may need to write a custom TS Client software or
    use one of the open source and edit it.
    Please review Microsoft SDK for further assistant.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Originally posted by dratnol View Post
      I have searched for this answer to no avail. Is it possible to send the alt command in a terminal session? I have a special app on my terminal server that uses an extended ascii character in the password. Does anyone have any ideas?
      I was looking at something similar just today as I wanted to send a Ctrl-Alt-Del. Here's what I found:

http://www.sessioncomputing.com/keyboard.htm

In particular:

Terminal Server / Remote Desktop Client Shortcut Keys:

Key combination Function Similar local keys
      CTRL+ALT+END Opens the Windows Security dialog box CTRL+ALT+DELETE
      CTRL+ALT+BREAK Toggles the Terminal Services client display from window to full screen NONE
      ALT+INSERT Cycles through running programs on the remote computer ALT+TAB
      ALT+HOME Displays the remote computer's Start menu
      ALT+DELETE Displays the remote window's Control menu ALT+SPACE BAR
      CTRL+ALT+NUMBER PAD MINUS Places an image of active window onto the TS clipboard ALT+PRINT SCREEN
      CTRL+ALT+NUMBER PAD PLUS Places an image of the entire Terminal Services client on the Terminal Services clipboard PRINT SCREEN

Maybe this will help. I was able to do an Alt-Fn-65 on my laptop (Fn gives me the numeric keypad) and I got an 'A' both in a local Notepad and a Remote Desktop Notepad.

What exactly is your extended ASCII character?
      Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
        I was looking at something similar just today as I wanted to send a Ctrl-Alt-Del. Here's what I found:

Maybe this will help. I was able to do an Alt-Fn-65 on my laptop (Fn gives me the numeric keypad) and I got an 'A' both in a local Notepad and a Remote Desktop Notepad.

What exactly is your extended ASCII character?
        Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already scoured the command list for an alt key solution.

Specifically I need to send the pi character.

Comment

Originally posted by dratnol View Post
          Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already scoured the command list for an alt key solution.

Specifically I need to send the pi character.
          So you are trying to enter an Alt + 227 on the numeric keypad?

That works fine for me in notepad both on my PC and tunneled in to a server via Remote Desktop.

I see π in both instances.
          Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
          X