Accessing home office at a low cost.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessing home office at a low cost.

I have a small customer with 2 stores and he wants them to work remotely on data at the home office. Because it's a small business, he's searching for a low cost solution that should be secure. Although Terminal Server would be the solution I'd like to know some opinions about other systems: xp unlimited, remote admin,vnc,.... The bottom idea is to have an additional computer to whom remote places are going to access in "terminal" sessions at the same time and without one interfering on the other's work.

Feel free to give me any suggestions or opinions.

Thanks,

Re: Accessing home office at a low cost.

Windows XP Professional does not allow more than one user to work on the machine it is installed at a specific given time. More than that, Windows XP Home Edition even has no Remote Desktop capabilities.
    So the computer your client wants to connect to has to run one of the servers' operating systems.
    Please tell us:
    - how many users will connect to the "home office"?
    - how many of them consecutive?
    - how is the home office connected to the Internet?
    - how secure you need your solution?

10nx.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Re: Accessing home office at a low cost.

Sorry but when I told "home office" I meant "Main Office" and I was thinking on XP Pro. About the questions:
      - how many users will connect to the "home office"? 3
      - how many of them consecutive? 3
      - how is the home office connected to the Internet? Through Cable behind a router
      - how secure you need your solution? I want it to secure enough without wanting the play on luck about this customer - IP/MAC restrction/filtering, encription would be enough.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X