No announcement yet.

Terminal Server Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server Problem

Hello ,
    We have A server that is running a few vmware machins.
    the users aproaching this vmware by RDP.
    We'd like to give the ability for 5 users to gain access to the server so we bought 5 terminal server CAL's.
    I configure another server as the terminal services licensing server and did all the
    activation (SO i think) with microsoft over the phone.
    Now the situation seems to be just like before the CAL's configuration:
    The server doesn't give the fourth user to log on.
    I have added the screen shot from the licensing server licensing MMC.
    What did I do wrong ??
    Attached Files

Re: Terminal Server Problem

Have you installed the Terminal Services component of Windows or are you relying on the built-in Remote Desktop function?

To use Terminal Services with more than two users plus the console session you must install it.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

What server OS are you running?
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Thanks for rplying
        I did install the terminal services on the 2003 Enterprize Server that i'm using.
        When users connect to the server I dont see any indication for this on the licensing Sevrerthat make me think that the terminal server is on the 120 evaluation period.