Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission Resets every X hours?

Hi,

I recently made a setup of a terminal server, however every couple of hours the permissions seem to reset. This causes my clients not to be able to connect and do work.

Is this normal? Everytime this happens I gotta go into the permissions, and add my REMOTE DESKTOP USERS. AGAIN. Remove and add em.

This is frustrating, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Carlos

Re: Permission Resets every X hours?

It sounds to me like a GPO is over-riding the local settings. Can you run gpresults against the TS in question and see what settings are being applied and from where?

Comment

What permissions are you setting on what object(s) and what are they being reset to?

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

hello

this this a well know issue from a protected process at AD level called ==>
        adminsdholder

and what you are facing is for user or groups that are belonging to protected groups

Delegated permissions are not available and inheritance is ...
        ... the hotfix in Windows 2000 and in Windows Server 2003, you can set forest-wide dsHeuristic flags to control which operator groups are protected by adminSDHolder

support.microsoft.com/kb/817433

Description and Update of the Active Directory AdminSDHolder Object
        The information in this article applies only to upgrading from Windows 2000 RC2 (or earlier builds) to the released version of Windows 2000. A change was made in Windows 2000 RC3 ...

support.microsoft.com/kb/232199

AdminSDHolder Thread Affects Transitive Members of Distribution Groups
        An Active Directory domain controller that holds the primary domain controller (PDC) operations master role (also known as the flexible single master operations role or the FSMO ...

support.microsoft.com/kb/318180 16/10/2007

cheers

MIG

Comment

I am aware of the adminsdholder implication, but it sounded to me like he was referring to the "Allow log on through Terminal Services" user right being reset every few hours since he said that his users could log on to his terminal server and then a few hours later couldn't connect. It sounded to me like he was setting it locally and then a GPO was over-riding the setting. In the end, that probably is not the cause because if it were being set at the GPO level the option wouldn't be available through the Local Security Policy.

Comment

Either way, we need the information I asked the user for, before we can decide what the issue (and therefore the resolution) is.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
            X