Remote Desktops Windows 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktops Windows 2003

In Windows 2000 using RDP you could see all your servers in Terminal Services Manager. Additionally you could see the administrators logged onto the server and if need be log one out to allow you to access the server. Is there a similar utility in Windows 2003 because windows 2003 servers don't show up in Terminal Service Manager.

Thanks
    Iain

First, sure it does. See your Administrative Tools.

Second, you can always use Task Manager > Users tab.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

When I look at my Terminal Services Manager on a Windows 2003 server I can see my local server but no other servers. I even choose the option refresh servers in all domains I still see no servers. The users tab I can only see that if I get on to the server which I can't if more than 2 admins are already logged on remotely

Thanks

Comment

Ok, so now you say you do have it, only that you don't see your remote server. Did you try to CONNECT TO COMPUTER?
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Yes I see the computer that I am on but it does not enumerate all the other servers like it did in Windows 2000 terminal services Manager. I can connect to a computer by specifying it's computer name but I would like it to enumerate all the servers without me having to type them in manually. This is from the Whitepaper on TS

Terminal Services Manager 2003
          An improved Terminal Services Manager allows for easier management of larger arrays of servers, by reducing automatic server enumeration. This gives direct access to arbitrary servers by name, and provides for a list of favorite servers.

I wonder if there is a reg key that would automatically enumerate the list

Comment

The enumeration you're talking about is used when in the full TS mode, and with a license server in place. This is something you don't have, not in the RDP mode you're using.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

We have a TS licence server in our Domain. It seems a pain that you have to add the servers in instead of them automatically enumerating. Do you know of any third party tools that do it?

Once again thanks in advance
              iain

Comment

Working...
              X