Multiple connection profiles to TS2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple connection profiles to TS2003

I've got my Terminal Server 2003 box set to disable the ability of my users to use drive mapping. This is because most of the users using my TS are home users, on their own personal machines, and I want to be sure they don't bring along stuff from one of their drives which might spread to my TS.

However, I also have a few people from a sister company who would benefit from being able to map drives with their account. I don't see any way to control this by user account, or to create two connections on different IP addresses with different settings (I could them have users use two different ports).

However, it does look as if you can bind an RDP connection to a specific NIC, so if I added a second NIC to this PC I think I can bind the current connection to the current NIC and bind a second connection to the new NIC. Then I can have the firewall direct traffic to the second NIC based on originating IP address or just use a different port.

Has anyone tried something like this? Should it work?

If I don't bind the MS client and file/print to the new NIC will I avoid the problem of having two NICs broadcasting the same networking name?

Re: Multiple connection profiles to TS2003

There should be a problem with this trick beside that if you publish the server to the internet you will need to have two public IP or change the server port to 3390 for example.
    Also, you will need to verity that the GPO dont block the mapping to the users.
    There is also another trick to create a logon script per user, per ou etc. with the required mapiing settings and if question to the script will be use only on the TS.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Re: Multiple connection profiles to TS2003

Originally posted by yuval14 View Post
      There is also another trick to create a logon script per user, per ou etc. with the required mapiing settings and if question to the script will be use only on the TS.
      I planned on using a second port address to get to the second terminal server connector.

Would you explain that last part? I've read suggestions on using a logon script only on the TS, but I don't see how this would help with allowing the user to put their own files, such as their My Documents folder, through to the TS.

Comment

Working...
      X