Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminal service

Hi Friends,

I am logging to a windows 2003 server thru remote desktop connection, and i am installing a nms software(as an Administrator). After installing the software when i try to logout of the terminal server, the service gets killed/shutdown. Why this is happening.

Pls help me out.

thanx in advance.

skm

already looked in the eventlog?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Hi,

yeah already looked the log. I think this issue when ever a terminal user logs in & logsoff the terminal server kills all the process related to this user(even though it is admin userid),

In linux also we we close the console the process gets killed, but to overcome this we use "nohup" command, following the application service command.

Is there any option in windows 2003 terminal service. The service is in the remote admin mode.

skm

Comment

Re: terminal service

is it possible to make my pc to login directly to terminal server and without seing the local desktop and pc.

Comment

Re: terminal service

Originally posted by abelly View Post
          is it possible to make my pc to login directly to terminal server and without seing the local desktop and pc.
          ABelly, why did you make this post 2 minutes AFTER you started a new thread in the Forum? This makes not only a double post but a thread hi-jack as well in a thread that is 2 years old!! WHY????

I would suggest you edit your message in this thread before someone else sees it. Thank you.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X