Terminal Services Session Directory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Services Session Directory

We have 3 TS clusters, all using NLB. We currently use the TS Session Directory to allow users to reconnect to their disconnected sessions. We use 3 different Session Directory cluster names, based on the NLB cluster name. Is it possible to use only 1 Session Directory cluster name for all 3 NLB clusters (meaning to use the same Session Directory cluster name for all 3 NLB clusters)? Thanks.

Re: Terminal Services Session Directory

It will be nice if you could provide some more details regarding your set-up:
    - you're talking about 3 clusters, that means you have 6 servers?
    - are the servers identical (from the user's point of view)?
    - how many SD servers do you have?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

We have 16 servers. 2 belong to one cluster, 3 belong to a second cluster, and 11 belong to a third cluster. We have the TSSD service running on 1 non-TS server and all the TS servers join the appropriate TSSD cluster name based on the NLB cluster name. The servers are not identical, that's why we have 3 clusters. We run different applications on each cluster.

Comment

If the clusters (the servers they represent, actually) are not identical, I doubt you can use one name for all of them. It is not logical to do so. You need them differentiated, don't you?
        Why does this bother you, anyway? Aren't you satisfied the way it works so far?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

The problem is that it does not work all the time. Several times during the day we get multiple users with connections to more than one server because the original server could not find the disconnected session in the TSSD database. I'm trying to fix this problem. I have enabled TSSD logging but have to wait until tonight to get the log. Maybe I'll know more after I look at it.

Comment

Oh, that.... Sorry to hear.
            I am using 2X Load Balancer. See my impressions : http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=15404
            . The tool is not free, for your set-up will cost less than $2000.
            But if you already have implemented NLB and TSSD....

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Thanks. I've been trying to convince my boss to give me the go ahead to use something like 2x, Netscaler, etc.

Comment

Good luck!
                Although my TS farm is far from being as complicated as yours, 2X does a great job.
                I am going to implement in few months a second TS farm, with published applications, and then I'll know better about the newer version (v. 5).

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                X