Terminal Server Disconnect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server Disconnect

It seems as if I am not truly disconnecting from the terminal server. I always hit "x" and it asks if I want to disconnect from the session which I do. Later when I try to log back in, it shows 2 previous sessions that I can choose from. How do I get rid of this? It just started happening a few days back.

Re: Terminal Server Disconnect

It did not started few days ago, because this is the usual behavior.
    Whenever you choose disconnect, you do just that: leave the session open (and all your programs continue running) and disconnect from it. You can later reconnect to the same session and continue from the same spot.
    If you, on the other hand, choose to logoff, than all the programs you run in the session are terminated and the session is closed.
    Unless you need to continue the same session, the recommendation is to logoff. You can see an explanation here: http://metrix.fcny.org/wiki/pages/vi...on?pageId=2788.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

it is now telling me that i can reconnect to a previous session. i have never seen that before.

Comment

Nevertheless, this is the default behavior.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

If you want to disconnect and "pick up" the disconnected session later than you will need to configure and use Terminal Services Session Directory. You can find out more at the link below.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...nDirectory.doc
          Last edited by joeqwerty; 28th August 2007, 01:37.

Comment

In my opinion, this is one hell of a jump, joeqwerty. Looks to me it's to high for the question here.
            rkahn talks about 2 sessions, that's a sign for TS in Administrative Mode, so SD is useless... More than that, SD requires the Enterprise version of the 2003 Server, a separate server for the SD service and Microsoft's NLB. Meaning, more than one server. After all, this is what SD is all about, to allow one to reconnect to the same server, from a TS servers farm, he has a disconnected session on.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Sorry. I guess I always look at it from the perspective of my environment and how I do it. I shouldn't leap to assumptions.

Comment

NP, it happens to us all.
                Too bad rkahn did not give more details, but ....

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                X