X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application Not Open

Hi all,

Just install the symantec Backup exec 6.5 on to my Citrix MF XP 1.0 Server
    and install everything but when i click the application just quit???

But when i try to open from Folder and i can see following error msg on symantec console.

error: Connecting to agent on citrixsvr you do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation

when i check filemon

11:41:20 PM explorer.exe:1624 SET INFORMATION D:\PROFILES\caladmin.CALVISTA\ntuser.dat.LOG SUCCESS Length: 20480
    11:41:20 PM ConsoleMain.exe:2480 QUERY INFORMATION D:\PROFILES\caladmin.CALVISTA\WINDOWS\scardhook.dl l NOT FOUND Attributes: Error
    11:41:20 PM ConsoleMain.exe:2480 QUERY INFORMATION D:\PROFILES\caladmin.CALVISTA\WINDOWS\zlc_api.dll NOT FOUND Attributes: Error
    11:41:20 PM ConsoleMain.exe:2480 CREATE D:\PROFILES\caladmin.CALVISTA\WINDOWS NAME COLLISION Options: Create Directory Access: 00100001
    11:41:20 PM ConsoleMain.exe:2480 CREATE D:\PROFILES\caladmin.CALVISTA\WINDOWS\system NAME COLLISION Options: Create Directory Access: 00100001

I got some .net framwork 1.1 path not found and we got .net 2.0 installed?
    Last edited by COSY; 4th August 2007, 15:32.
    AusNetIT Solutions

Web Design | Web Hosting | SEO | IT Support

Re: Application Not Open

Are you sure you're talking about BackupExec 6.5? That sounds a bit like a dynosaur... Not talking about the fact the when BackupExec was in its 6 version, it was still Veritas... Symantec purchased Veritas not long ago...
    Maybe you are talking about Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Edition 6.5? I am not sure this is supported on server OSes, so can it be installed together with MF XP1?
    What OS is the server running?
    When you installed the application, was the server in Install mode?
    What does the Event Viewer say about it?
    A lot of question marks here ....

Added: Regarding .Net Framework 1.1, I encountered already applications that require it, despite the fact that 2.0 or 3.0 were installed. Looks like are independent ...
    Last edited by sorinso; 4th August 2007, 16:22. Reason: Info added...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Hi,

1. Maybe you are talking about Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Desktop Edition 6.5? Yes Server Edition 6.5

2.I am not sure this is supported on server OSes, so can it be installed together with MF XP1? Yes

3. What OS is the server running? Windows 2003

4. When you installed the application, was the server in Install mode? Yes

5. What does the Event Viewer say about it? Nothing
      AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Still not clear to me if you're talking about Symantec Backup Exec or about System Recovery Desktop Edition 6.5...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Citrix MF XP 1.0 isnt supported anymore so you will to move to Citrix 4.5.
          Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

HI,

Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery (BESR) 6.5 Server Edition.

Thanks.
            AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Under what credentials is the application running?
              It is defined as a service, or a plain application?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Hi,

It's runing as a Service and under domain admin
                AusNetIT Solutions

Comment

Both scardhook.dll and zlc_api.dll are Metaframe-related. It's not clear to me why ConsoleMain.exe, that is part of BESR 6.5, call for these, but...
                  Another thing that is not clear to me is why are your profiles under D:\Profiles? Are you using roaming profiles or something? And does the Domain Admin have appropriate permissions on that folder?
                  Have you checked that the two DLL files that are missing are in the profile's directory?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                  X