Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Sessions computer locked

Hi, Folks.

In my terminal server environment, the terminal server is a member server of the domain.

TS users log on via rdp using local user accounts that have all attributes in sessions set to never.

However, after about 5 minutes inactivity, the screen goes to "this computer has been locked..." and they have to enter the password to get into the session again.

How can I stop this from happening ?

Thanks,

Neil
    Neil Mac

Re: TS Sessions computer locked

Hi.
    It sounds to me that your problem is the screensaver, not the session. The settings you're talking about deal with the RDP session itself. If the session was dropped (disconnected or logged off), it would be it. But from what you're describing, looks like the screensaver kicks in and locks the station.
    This problem can be solved in few ways, depending on what you see acceptable or not:
    - you can set the screensaver not to lock the workstation (uncheck the "On resume, password protect" checkbox in the Display, Properties, Screensaver tab);
    - if you need the session locked, you can set a longer time;
    - if you don't want a longer time, you can set not to need to click Ctrl+Alt+Del on the keyboard to login again. This way, even if the session locks, you can login again quickly.

I suggest that all these settings be done through GPO, applied to all users that connect to TS servers.

Hopes yhis helps. Keep the forum posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Thanks, Sorin.

The TS user accounts are local accounts created on the terminal server as opposed to domain accounts.

I'll see what I can do.
      Neil Mac

Comment

Hi, Neil.
        If the users are local, it still can be done. But you will need to do it to every user.
        Is there a reason the users are local?

Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Yeah, the reason why the users are local is....

Actually, it doesn't matter, they are local and that's that. Nothing I had any control over.

So, if I log on as that local user, I don't have permissin to change the settings (not an admin...)

So, how do you do it ?
          Neil Mac

Comment

Let me get this straight: the local user cannot change it's own screensaver?
            BTW, what server are we talking about here? 2000? 2003?

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

2003 server -

I might be mistaken I am not on site now, I will have to connect up and check.
              Neil Mac

Comment

Working...
              X