Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local printer not mapping itself TS 2003.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local printer not mapping itself TS 2003.

Hi,

I'm having a strange issue with a WinXP Pro SP2 desktop. This particular desktop won't map any printers installed on it on the TS server. This has something to do with either the user of the windows installation, because others users who are of the same domain and group with the same printer and same drivers have no problem with the printers. The settings in "mstsc" are fine, the settings in AD are fine, basically, it should work but it doesn't. If someone could give me a hint of where to look, that would could be helpful.

Best regards,

trep
    Last edited by trep; 24th May 2007, 13:36.

Re: Local printer not mapping itself TS 2003.

Does it work if the users logs onto the TS via a different workstation? - You know then whether it's the local machine or the user account at fault.

Does the eventlogs on the TS say anything?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for the reply. After a bit of searching i came across this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302361

Which resolved one of my problem. I'm having a problem with another computer which maps correctly one of the printer installed but not the others. The others printers also use network ports, so adding the DWORD key on the client will probably fix the problem as well.

That's what annoying with this problem, the even log doesnt say anything about the printer not mapping, kindda hard to troubleshoot when you don't even know where to start and everything configured seems to be right.

Regards,

trep

Comment

If it's not the issue in KB you posted it may be related to the driver. If the driver on the TS server isn't exactly the same as the driver on your workstation problems may ensue, even if they're the same driver but with different naming. i.e. HP LaserJet 4000 vs HP LaserJet 4000 (Microsoft).

Anyway, this app will help you map the correct driver with the printer by looking at failed printer installs and mapping the correct (or working) driver manually.
        http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

You should try to update RDP client and server with RDP 6.0. I've had problems withm mapping, but sulved them with updating to RDP6.0.

Comment

Working...
          X