Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

moving Citrix enviroment.......ANY ISSUES?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving Citrix enviroment.......ANY ISSUES?

Hello,
    Next weekend we will be moving our PS 4 environment to a new location, which will force us to change the IP’s on the two PS4, 1 WI/CSG, and 1 RSA server. The DC that is hosting the TS licenses will be eventually phased out, so I will need to move my TS licenses to the new DC located at the new location.

My main issue here is the change of IP on the systems…………has anyone done this? Does anyone see any major complications I may face during the move? What tips, what process shall I follow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: moving Citrix enviroment.......ANY ISSUES?

The PS4 servers will be fine, but the WI and CSG servers will be a frigging mess. Better get it together while you have a few days left. Actually WI won't be too bad, but still CSG is going to be your nightmare if you don't plan ahead.
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

what are you thinking here? what exactly should i be thinking about regarding CSG and the move?

Comment

You said you are going to re-IP the network.

CSG configuration is riddled with critical IP addresses to make the whole contraption work. Single hop proxy IPs, double hop proxy IPs, NAT, direct, translated, secure ticket authority server IPs, web interface, altaddr addresses on your PS boxes, etc.

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying that CSG is a pain to get working. One wrong IP and you have no joy.

Make sure you test CSG and WI both inside and outside the firewall when you're done.
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

Please verity that you can obtain a new license for the Citrix clients due the fact that the license server/licenses bound to the license server name.
          Also, use DBMAINT or/and SQL tool to backup the database.
          Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Working...
          X