Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 2003 Terminal Service driving my frickin crazy!! HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 Terminal Service driving my frickin crazy!! HELP!

Hi,

I've got a problem trying to give someone access terminal services access to one of our TS servers. The member is from a different domain to our TS server but all the trusts have been set up and work OK. I have tested this by logging onto a pc in our domain but using there domain instead of our's and everything works a treat.

When I add them to the Remote Desktop Users group I just get Access is denied message. When I make them a member of the local administrator group for the TS server it allows them in. I have checked the local security policy and they have got rights to log on to the terminal server and rights to log on locally.

I've found quite a few post's on Tinternet with similar problems but no answers, wonder if someone has got some more ideas or the magic answer.....

Looking forward to lots of replies.

Regards

Dave
    Last edited by hillda01; 9th May 2007, 04:21. Reason: Updating

Re: Windows 2003 Terminal Service driving my frickin crazy!! HELP!

This issue can occur due the known reasons:

1. Bad settings of DNS/Active Directory.

2. The TS License server doesnt support serve all the domains in the forest.

* This may occur if you are using license server in local mode (and not
    enterprise).
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Yuval,

Many many thanks for the reply.

I have been looking round on the Internet and found that it might be license server problem's with a different domain. How do I check to see if the license server is in local mode and not enterprise mode?

Regards

Dave

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help.

This has now been fixed - A friend of mine helped me with it.

I was being a muppet!!

The fix was that I hadnt added the user/group to the local users group of my terminal server, I had added them to the remote desktop users group but over looked the local users group....

Regards

Dave

Comment

Working...
        X