Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 change from remote admin mode to application mode

Hi,

Running 2003 Standard that had Terminal Services installed in admin mode. How do I change from admin mode to application mode?

Thanks,

Dan

Re: 2003 change from remote admin mode to application mode

Originally posted by keelstrake View Post
    Hi,

Running 2003 Standard that had Terminal Services installed in admin mode.
    No you don't. You have Remote Desktop Connection enabled. You don't have Terminal Server installed at this point.

Originally posted by keelstrake View Post
    Hi,
    How do I change from admin mode to application mode?
    You don't because it's impossible to install TS in admin mode on 2k3. TS only installs in application mode in 2k3.

Simply install Terminal Services in Add/Remove Programs| Windows Components and it will install TS in application mode.

Don't forget a TS License Server.

If you want to remove Remote Desktop Connect 2 user admin mode, right click My computer and choose the Remote tab. Uncheck the box.

Jas
    VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
    boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
    My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Re: 2003 change from remote admin mode to application mode

If this is in a Windows 2k3 Domain the License Server can be any server. If the Domain is Windows 2000, the License Server must be a Domain Controller.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
      X