Terminals - Tabbed RDP Console

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminals - Tabbed RDP Console

Just wanted to share with everyone a new tool I discovered recently. I don't think it's been mentioned here before.

http://www.codeplex.com/Terminals

Originally posted by Terminals
    Terminals is a multi tab terminal services/remote desktop client. It uses Terminal Services ActiveX Client (mstscax.dll).
    The project started from the need of controlling multiple connections simultaneously.
    I hear MS has a tool like this but have never seen it. Anyone know which one is better?

Thanks,
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Re: Terminals - Tabbed RDP Console

Originally posted by ahinson View Post
    I hear MS has a tool like this but have never seen it. Anyone know which one is better?

Thanks,
    MS has Remote Desktops in the admin pack. Not to be confused with all the other remote desktop programs, this one is the MMC.

I have no idea why they would rebuild the wheel. From what I can tell the functionality is the same.
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
      MS has Remote Desktops in the admin pack. Not to be confused with all the other remote desktop programs, this one is the MMC.

I have no idea why they would rebuild the wheel. From what I can tell the functionality is the same.
      Ah I knew about Remote Desktops. Someone mentioned in a thread on the Terminals site that MS had something similar so I was thinking it was tabbed. IMO the interface for Terminals is better.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I was wondering why you where asking, seemed too easy .

maybe you could use tsweb in ie7 for the same effect? gotta try that........
        "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I can also suggest visionapp Remote Desktop
          It has not only tabbed RDP's but also an overview panel,
          and you can create a tree of connections so you can divide your servers per Tier or per Domain / Forest or whatever you want.
          check it out at: http://www.visionapp.com/141.0.html?
          Attached Files

Comment

Martin, I am very disappointed with your above post. You failed to mention the application was FREE!!

Nice link, Thanks. (And how is married life treating you? Getting to bed to sleep yet? )

Wee bit (right Forum though) but have you used their Express Edition 2006 app? If yes, how did you find it?
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

You are right, my bad.
              I should have mentioned it's free.

anyway, I haven't tried the Express Edition 2006. Did you?
              It sais that it's limited to 4 servers, and since my farm is a "little" bigger than that, I didn't even try.

BTW - Royal TS is another piece of SW simmilar to the visionapp Remote Desktop.
              do you know it? which one do you prefer?

Comment

Working...
              X