Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Documents from Terminal Server users who map LPT1 to different printers appear on the

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents from Terminal Server users who map LPT1 to different printers appear on the

Documents from Terminal Server users who map LPT1 to different printers appear on the same printer

If two different Terminal Session users map LPT1 to two different printers (for example, if "user1" runs the net use lpt1: \\server1\printer1 command, and if "user2" runs the net use lpt1: \\server1\printer2 command), these two users expect their documents to appear on different printers. In some situations, and from some programs, documents from both users may appear on the same printer.

I have checked microsoft kb for the same but there is no solutions given for windows 2003 terminal services.

Re: Documents from Terminal Server users who map LPT1 to different printers ...

I encountered this behavior when both sessions use the same username. If this is the case, there's no solution so far (it's a Microsoft "by design" issue).
    There are some third party solutions that are not cheap and require an agent being installed on the client... Also, both Citrix and Cockpit have said that they solved this problem on their latest products. I don't think the price worth it.
    But that's your call...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Working...
    X