terminal server Load balancing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminal server Load balancing

I just started with a company and they want me to setup network load balancing with terminal services. I have two 2003 servers with enterprise ed and the applications installed. I just need some guidance on setting up the load balancing cluster.
    Thanks

Re: terminal server Load balancing

Seems like a pretty well covered subject:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...oad+balance%22

Do a little reading and come back with some more specific questions / problems.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

search on google the free ebook Windows server 2003 terminal services.

The Author is Greyson Mitchem and also you can look at www.realtimepublishers.com

I hope you can use it.
      When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

I had a tough time trying to implement Microsoft's NLB. I have 4 TS servers and 105 HP thin clients.
        After few weeks of sweating, I went to 3rd party solutions. I since use 2X Load Balancer, and I am very satisfied. I know, it's not free, but its implementation was a two-hour effort.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

I had no problem with Microsoft's NLB cluster once I realised you could do it for certain ports, and that I must be an enterprise admin to do almost ANYTHING to do with it.

Tom
          For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

also please place you're NLB servers in a separate VLAN.
            This because all traffic to the NLB servers will be spoofed over all you're ports within its vlan.

A quite good article can be found here:
            http://www.isaserver.org/articles/basicnlbpart2.html
            Marcel
            Technical Consultant
            Netherlands
            http://www.phetios.com
            http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Originally posted by Dumber View Post
              This because all traffic to the NLB servers will be spoofed over all you're ports within its vlan.
              This was one of the biggest problems. VLAN definition would have raised, in my case, other issues.
              Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
              I must be an enterprise admin to do almost ANYTHING to do with it.
              This was another problem, I'm not. And that meant being dependant of someone else, that I don't trust (from the professional point of view). Two weeks ago I got the proof, when a BAT he wrote wiped out 4 of my servers.
              I am not saying that NLB does not work, it's price () really makes you sweat a bit before going for another solution.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
                This was one of the biggest problems. VLAN definition would have raised, in my case, other issues.
                I've to ask.. why?? No routable switches?
                Marcel
                Technical Consultant
                Netherlands
                http://www.phetios.com
                http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
                "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
                "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

No, all my network is switched.
                  The point is that all the network infrastructure is not in my hands. The people in charge of it rose the VLAN as a possibility. Our network is built in such a way, that defining a VLAN across all of it was not something easy to achieve and it would arise some dangerous scenarios.
                  So my boss dropped the issue and we went for the 2X solution.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Thank you all for the reply

Comment

Working...
                    X