Terminal Service Licensing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Service Licensing

I have migrated my DC named sydomain to sydomainapp and made sydomainapp as my new windows server 2003 DC and terminal licence server... When I clicked on Terminal Server Licensing, the Terminal Server Licensing is searching for the licence server ponting towards the old domain which is no longer used. After few minutes my new domain sydomainapp is shown. How can I make my new DC licence server bypass finding the old domain sysdomain...

I couldn't find any solution to this problem in the forum, please help me....

Re: Terminal Service Licensing

Have you tried ?
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...icensing&meta=
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Terminal Service Licensing

Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Or entire server before editing registry. I have done this by my self.. and remembered procedure... Found it somewhere on MS before some time....

Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\TermService\Parameters
      Create a new key named "LicenseServers"
      Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\TermService\Parameters\LicenseServers
      For each licensing server to which you would like to point the Terminal Services server, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.
      Name the new key "ServerName" where ServerName is the NetBIOS name of the license server that you want to use, and then press ENTER.

The new key name can be any of the following designations that represent the license server:
      The NetBIOS name of the server
      The fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the server
      The IP Address of the server

Restart your computer to update registry....

Once more... be carefull...
      Last edited by kojo1984; 12th January 2007, 22:04.

Comment

Working...
      X