BES 4.1 and Terminal Server together?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BES 4.1 and Terminal Server together?

Can I use a single server to use as a Blackberry Enterprise Server AND Terminal Server supporting 30 Blackberies and 15 Terminal Service users? Thanks.

Re: BES 4.1 and Terminal Server together?

Depends on what your server specs are.

Comment

HP Proliant ML350 3.0GHz Processor 2 GIG of RAM 2 143GB HDs - I'm looking to upgrade all 3 pieces of hardware to 4GB 2 additional drives and up to 4GB RAM.

But the my question is - can they both run on the same server? Can BES run in Terminal Service Application Mode? By your answer, I'm assuming it's yes.

Comment

Originally posted by jcalabria View Post
        can they both run on the same server? Can BES run in Terminal Service Application Mode? By your answer, I'm assuming it's yes.
        Assuming is a very dangerous thing for an IT guy (even for a non-IT ).
        Why don't you try it? First you'll see if it's possible. And then try to see the scalability of the issue (meaning, if it can hold the whole pack of things you need to run).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Time is not what I have available to try it on the clients time and money or for myself for that matter. I would of thought someone in the Petri forum world had some experience if this was possible.

Comment

I'm not accustomed to the issue.
            Sorry I cannot help more.
            Good luck and keep the forum posted.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

I'm running a BES server but TS is installed in Remote Admin Mode.

Best bet is to check on the blackberry forums m8.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/

Comment

We have BES here and use Remote Desktop for administration without any problems, make note of all the applications your using and get yourself to the blackberry forum as wull suggests above. If you have support from your BES supplier you may find it much quicker to contact them as most providers will have some sort of expert onsite to help with any initial problems or queries.

Comment

HI,

I have just spent a few hours going over the BES 4.1 Install Docs and RIM do not recommend or support BES on a terminal sever in application mode.

Comment

Working...
                  X