scanning using Remote Desktop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scanning using Remote Desktop

I have bought the PagePro 1390MF printer scanner combo and connected it to a remote computer. I use Remote Desktop to connect to the host and can print all work from host at the remote. However, I canít scan from the remote and save on the host, is there a reason why? the driver is installed on host and remote.
    when i use GoTomypc i can scan on the remote and save on the host.

Thanks

Re: scanning using Remote Desktop

Can you give us some more information about the network configuration?

Thanks

Comment

the remote pc accesses the host which is located in a LAN via internet, so i can print documents from the host at the remote but can't scan at the remote and save on the host.

Comment

The host w/ the scanner, is it running a server or workstation OS? If a server OS then the issue may just be the scanner drivers and the way they interact w/ a terminal server session vs the console session. I've seen that before w/ other software. I believe GoToMyPC connects you to the console session.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Please consider to use IP scanner and contact the vendor support staff.
          Also, you may need to enable the service "Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)"
          Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Working...
          X