Can you tell when your password will expire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell when your password will expire

Hi we have access to a system via terminal server. I have no admin access just standard user access.

I would like to be able to tell when my password is due to expire is this possible?

I cannot use any 3rd party tools and also I cannot run RSOP.MSC to check. Is there another way?

Thanks

Re: Can you tell when your password will expire

Any particular reason why you need this??

Shourly you can just wait untill it says "Your password will expire in X amount of days "

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I would like to be able to show that they have no expire date set to my boss. It conflicts with the agreement we have with them. And also the information they are giving us at present.

So do you know how to do this?

thanks

Comment

I dont know if this will work for a normal user and whether they have permissions to view the account information but give it a try:

dsquery user domainroot -name <ACCOUNTNAME> | dsget user -acctexpires
        In theory all users should have ready access to AD. I dont have access to a server to test it so let me know how it goes

Michael
        Michael Armstrong
        www.m80arm.co.uk
        MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks m80arm !

I gave it a try on our local server the only thing i had to do is use the distinguished names.

As for the remote server it looks as if it is not running in a domain and has DNS problems. So it has not helped me with this. But thanks for the tip anyways.

Comment

If all accounts are local to the server then user.

net user <USERNAME>
            It should provide all information about the user account.

Michael
            Michael Armstrong
            www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the help m80arm !

Thats exactly what i need.

hail hail

Comment

Glad it helps

Michael
                Michael Armstrong
                www.m80arm.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X