Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Licensing problam

Hi,

I purchased 5 cals for TS and I activate them with microsoft activation center.
    The problam is that only 1 user can open a session and not 5.
    I always get this error when I try to connect (even within my lan): "The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer"
    Only when the user is logging off another user can log in.

Why is that ?

Re: TS Licensing problam

Originally posted by hayuts View Post
    Hi,

I purchased 5 cals for TS and I activate them with microsoft activation center.
    The problam is that only 1 user can open a session and not 5.
    I always get this error when I try to connect (even within my lan): "The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer"
    Only when the user is logging off another user can log in.

Why is that ?
    Are you using Terminal Services (as provided in Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003)? Is Terminal Services Licensing installed? Was the account who installed it an "Enterprise Admin"?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Hi,

All the answers is: yes, yes & yes .

Comment

This is very odd, as the default number of RDP sessions available under Windows Server 2003 is TWO - when Terminal Services is not licensed at all... so why you only get one is a mystery to me.

Are Terminal Services and Terminal Services Licensing installed on the same box? In Terminal Services Licensing, what type of licence is the client receiving when he logs in? A temporary one or a proper licensed one?
        Last edited by Stonelaughter; 20th November 2006, 15:25.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Comment

If he's receiving a temporary license, try this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279561/EN-US/

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X