Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow non admin users to Kick TS users

Hi

I would like to know if it was possible for non admin users to log off “kick” terminal services users from the server. This would be for one or two trusted users in the office so that we can manage our licenses better instead of purchasing new ones.

Is it possible?

Thanks brian

Re: Allow non admin users to Kick TS users

Isnt there an entry in group policy somewhere that sets user assignment rights?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Hi TonyWeb

I had a look here http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d....mspx?mfr=true and it does not seem to be what i am after, maybe i am missing it though.

I would like a non admin user with right to go to the tab in the Users section of Task Manager and disconect people that may be out the office or away on business.

Does this make sense?

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by brian873 View Post
        Hi TonyWeb
        Thanks for the new name... i like it.

You could use group policy to kill a session that has been idle for 10 minutes. How about that?
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

oops sorry !

I have taken that to the team that has this problem, they have said that if the phone goes or they have to talk to someone they would not want to loose work if it shutdown.

They have 10 connections to the system and there are 20 users. They are still wanting the facility that someone can manually do it

I'll keep searching for a bit

Comment

How about making a few people power users? Im not sure if they can kick sessions but you might want to look at that maybe.
            Server 2000 MCP

Comment

I will take a look at this today. Although I think I have tried this before. I will post what I find later, maybe tomorrow after my last email though !

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by brian873 View Post
                Hi

I would like to know if it was possible for non admin users to log off “kick” terminal services users from the server. This would be for one or two trusted users in the office so that we can manage our licenses better instead of purchasing new ones.

Is it possible?

Thanks brian
                possible indeed. it's quite easy actually.

start --> run --> tscc.msc
                on the right side pane --> right click on RDP-TCP --> properties
                move to the Permissions Tab and click on Advanced
                add the user/group you desire and apply them with the 'Logoff' Permission

good luck.

Comment

That was a great bit of info.

Thanks,
                  Cheers,

Rick

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

amitmanor your the man !

Thanks for that great tip

hail hail

Comment

Working...
                    X