10 minutes waiting to log on terminal server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 minutes waiting to log on terminal server

When I want to log on to a server (w2k3) via remote desktop as a domain user I need excactly 10 minutes to do that. If I'm logging as administrator I need less than a minute. Other thing, if , in a AD, I put my server in a workstations group, I don't have problem with logging in as a domain user.

Re: 10 minutes waiting to log on terminal server

Seems like GPO problem or/and logon script problem... Did you tried to logon with regular account that doesnt use the GPO ?
    Try also to use GPMC tool to find the GPOs that applied to the server/user...
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

You might even be able to get some clues as to what is going on with your group policies by using gpresult from the command line once logged on

Comment

Turning Userenv debug logging gives more (a lot) information why the logging on takes such a long time.

Turn on Userenv debug logging by creating a Registry key:

- Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
        - Value: UserEnvDebugLevel
        - Value Type: REG_DWORD
        - Value Data: 10002 (Hex)

The log will be located in: %systemroot%\debug\usermode\userenv.log

In the log you will see exactly what happens at what period in time when a user logs on. Don't forget to turn off the debug logging by removing the Registry key when you're done.
        MCSE 2003: Security

Comment

If you have Roaming Profiles enabled it can take from 1 to 15 minutes to login on a TS. Instead of using Roaming Profiles use folder redirection in GP

Comment

Working...
          X