Terminal Server-Multiple Remote Log-in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server-Multiple Remote Log-in

I am attempting to run multiple sessions on Windows Server 2003/Terminal Server. I am able to log in locally with multiple sessions. I am not able to run more than one session when I log on remotely. I need to run 4 sessions at a remote location. Every time I log on a second computer the first session locks up. I have tried port triggering but either I don't know what I'm doing (quite possible) or I will need multiple ip addresses at this location to run multiple sessions. I am able to log on with any computerat this location but only one at a time. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

[email protected]

Re: Terminal Server-Multiple Remote Log-in

Originally posted by jimmyshields
    I am attempting to run multiple sessions on Windows Server 2003/Terminal Server. I am able to log in locally with multiple sessions.
    How many? Default even without TS Win2k3 allows 2 sessions.

Originally posted by jimmyshields
    I have tried port triggering but either I don't know what I'm doing (quite possible) or I will need multiple ip addresses at this location to run multiple sessions. I am able to log on with any computerat this location but only one at a time.
    Why do you think you need multiple IPs? TS can handle more than 1 connection per IP, per port. In coming ports are handled tranparently by the service - each connection is handled internally on a different service port to avoid contention, however the user is unaware of this process.

I assume you're attempting to trigger the port via your firewall software or appliance?
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X