Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user cant login terminal server

Dear
    when Itry login into terminal servers with user is not in the local admin group of the terminal server i cant did . But if yhe account is in local admin group I could login with no problems. Please advices.

Re: user cant login terminal server

Hi,
    you could add the users you want in the "Remote Desktop Users" group or edit group policy
    gpedit.msc -> Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User rights assignment -> Allow logon through terminal services

Of course if the server is domain member you do group policy through the OU the server belongs.

Comment

Dear
      thanks for your interesting in my case but iwant to add:ihave license on dc to terminal srever itis per device
      and every thing you say is done and the problem still
      regrds
      and i hope to replay as soon as
      Last edited by almokhtar; 12th September 2006, 10:30.

Comment

What is the exact message that the users receiving?

Comment

Dear Tomeye
          thanks for ur repaly the message is
          "you dont have access to logon to this session"
          and all permission RDP-TCP is ok to allow users to join but cant except account of admin local
          thanks and iam waiting

Comment

Is your terminal license server activated? and if it is activated has it any more free license to give? You can click on the pool of the licenses and see how many remaining. Have in mind that per device are not concurrent and thay stay with the device even after the device disconnects.

Also on the gpedit.msc check the "allow logon locally" it is above "allow logon through terminal services"

Comment

Dear tomeye
              thanks again
              my license is perdevice and unlimited so have you another soulation
              thanks again

Comment

If the license are type: builtin and total: unlimited, then these are the temporary licenses you say and you sould look also for some purchased and installed.
                If you don' t have any other license except the builtin this means that your clients may have temporary licenses that might expired and that' s why they cannot connect.
                There is a utility inside Windows 2003 Resource Kit called "tsctst.exe" which you can run on the client and see what type of terminal license is installed and when its going to expire.
                Last edited by tomeye; 12th September 2006, 20:31.

Comment

Dear Tomeye

thanks for replay and i will try that tool but
                  my TS is advanced server 2000 sp 4
                  and if i try to join from any device by admin account no problem and from any account except admin didnt login so i think no problem in client license but may be on TSLC there another license so iwill check and come back
                  and if you think in another idea please tell me
                  regards

Comment

Look, rdp for administration doesn' t require licenses for maximum two sessions. So this might be the reason that its working for admins and not for non-admins.

Run the tool on a client machine to see what license it has and from which license server it came.

Comment

Dear tomeye
                      thanks ur right and the problem was from cirtix application
                      thanks again and nice to meet u
                      regards

Comment

Nice to meet you too.

Comment

Working...
                        X