No announcement yet.

SMS 2003 Clients Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMS 2003 Clients Problem

Hi Yaniv,

First of all congratulations on the new forum...

I wanted to consult with you on a problem i encountered when I tried to install a new SMS server on a on of our branch offices. after the installation, i have configured the server to report to the server located in our main office, and configured all initial settings on the server.

after deploying the clients via Login script, i have noticed that none of my clients seem to register with the server. i have checked and double-checked that the clients were installed correctly and that they are able to discover the site via auto-discovery.

any ideas?

Re: SMS 2003 Clients Problem

it seems you have some kind of Management Point Problem.

to better specify your problem, try opening CCM.log on the client (which is under %windir%\system32\ccm\logs) and write back with any error you might see.

in addition, check in your IISAdmin that the MP Virtual Directory does exist and that the MP Application pool exists and running. in case one of these does not exist, check in the System status, under components and see if you have any related error messages (probably under the component manager) and post them here.
    Yaniv Feldman
    Microsoft Security Regional Director
    Microsoft Management Expert

Re: SMS 2003 Clients Problem

Thanks Yaniv.

It seems that for some reason i had a problem with my IIS and the MP could not create its own virtual directory. after uninstalling and reinstalling the IIS, i have reapplied all server roles on the new sms server, and everything worked just fine. clients started showing on my screen and all looks good.

thanks Again.