Windows 7 image failing to deploy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 image failing to deploy

Our Windows 7 Image stopped working. It gets most of the way through then as Installing updates in the task sequence just times out and stops. There are no entries in any log to tell why. If I remove the October Windows updates from the image collection the image works so some update in there must be causing a problem. Is there any way to find out which one? Besides the obvious remove one, Image, remove another etc. The problem with that is there are over 40 and it takes almost 3 hours to capture and deploy the image so that could take 2 weeks. Is there a faster way to find the problem?

Re: Windows 7 image failing to deploy

Have you looked at enabling command shell (F for the deployment, so that when it hangs, you can look at entering command shell to look at SCCM logs on the computer you are in the middle of imaging?
    Last edited by JeremyW; 12th January 2015, 19:37. Reason: Disabled parsing of text in post for readability.

Comment

Originally posted by jason0923 View Post
      Our Windows 7 Image stopped working. It gets most of the way through then as Installing updates in the task sequence just times out and stops. There are no entries in any log to tell why. If I remove the October Windows updates from the image collection the image works so some update in there must be causing a problem. Is there any way to find out which one? Besides the obvious remove one, Image, remove another etc. The problem with that is there are over 40 and it takes almost 3 hours to capture and deploy the image so that could take 2 weeks. Is there a faster way to find the problem?
      I'm not sure I understand this: if I remove the October Windows updates from the image collection
      are you using a local WSUS server to provide the updates?
      Can you look at the BDD.log and SMSTS.log files with trace32? that may help
      http://blogs.technet.com/b/askcore/a...ld-review.aspx

Comment

Working...
      X