SCCM 2012 OSD with Multiple Drive letters using StandAlone Media

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCM 2012 OSD with Multiple Drive letters using StandAlone Media

Hey guys I have a client who is required to partition their Windows 8.1 installation in three different partitions:

C: (OS Partition)

d: (SQLData Partition)

E: (Client Data Partition)

G: (CD-ROM)

I Already know that I should not use multiple drives for OSD but this is the requirement I have been given...

When I deploy my TS through PxE or USB Bootable Media all the drives are labeled correctly... C,D and E but if I Use Standalone USB Media then I end up with C, E and F and G as CDRom. I know that WinPE assigns a drive letter to the usb stick usually d: but not always so how can I set the USB Standalone media to act the same way as PxE and Usb Boot Media? is there a way to have PE set the USB drive to drives latter in the alphabet? s, t or w? So that once the deployment is complete the os Drive is c: the data drive is D and the maps drive is e:...

PS I don't care what PE is doing in PE I care that the OS has labeled the drives incorrectly...

Please help
    Last edited by bsaumier75; 9th December 2014, 18:32. Reason: Fix the :( smilie issue

Re: SCCM 2012 OSD with Multiple Drive letters using StandAlone Media

Why does the client care what the drive letters are in the WinPE environment? The installation image should have the configuration. In WinPE you should just be copying the image to disk. You just need to make sure the proper partitions are available to copy to.
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
      Why does the client care what the drive letters are in the WinPE environment? The installation image should have the configuration. In WinPE you should just be copying the image to disk. You just need to make sure the proper partitions are available to copy to.
      Jeremy no one cares what is in PE what they care about is what the os looks like once deployed and configured... Is c:=C: and does d:=d: and if e:=e: (IN Windows...) so why does this issue not come up when using pxe or Bootable USB media? Please help this seems to be the most difficult thing to figure out!

Comment

Originally posted by bsaumier75 View Post
        JIs c:=C: and does d:=d: and if e:=e: (IN Windows...)
        I'm not sure what you're saying here? Could you explain what you mean by "is c:=c:... etc"? What issue are you referring to when you say:
        Originally posted by bsaumier75 View Post
        so why does this issue not come up when using pxe or Bootable USB media?
        Do you mean that in the WinPE the drives are labeled properly and after the imaging they're not?
        Regards,
        Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
        Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
        www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Working...
        X