No announcement yet.

SCCM app cache update

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCCM app cache update

We have recently setup a very simple SCCM 2012 SP1 primary server for our London office. When setting up a test application to push out, any tweaks to that application (ie: editing the MST file) results in the old MST still being used.

I have had a look through the documentation and tried the "validate" function within the app, but each time we push it to another test system, the old MST file is used.

Any ideas?

Re: SCCM app cache update

In my experience the application only uses the mst file on install, after that it has no effect, if you want to use the mst file again then you'll have to uninstall/re-install the application.
    If that's not the solution then you can always re-create the job with a new different but similar name with the modified MST file.
    The cache files are located at:
    To remove them:
    Last edited by uk_network; 26th September 2013, 19:53.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

We are pushing the test app to a clean machine each time so it should use the updated MST file, when we look at the cache on the test machine, it has used the old MST.

I dont mind the app being cached, it makes sense when you have a 200mb app and only change one 44kb file that that one file is re-downloaded instead.

I was hopeing for another way to get SCCM to recognise the file change and send that changed file rather than having to delete the app and recreate it again. While this is a no-brainer for simple apps, it will be a pain for more complicated apps we have and the chained dependencies.

Have the distribution points been updated with the changes?