No announcement yet.

SNMP monitoring

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNMP monitoring

First, I would like to apologize myself because maybe I'm posting this in wrong forum. Second of all, I've checked search and there are a lot of talk on this topic as well, and I personally know some monitoring tools that can maybe help me, but I would like to discuss with people that know more on this forum and to be sure before I go into deployment.

Situation is like this, I have around 25 physical servers, based on Supermicro boards, with single or dual Xeons on it and 4-32 GB of RAM. Some are Windows 2008R2, other are VMware ESXi 4/5 and two are Linux. Almost all of them have RAID cards (Intel or Arreca cards) with 1-4 drives used in RAID1, RAID5, RAID6 and RAID1+0

I would like a monitoring tool that can do the following
    -report if the server is up (regular ping)
    -report CPU, RAM, network bandwith, use of HDD logical volumes
    and maybe most important, report on low level if the hard drive failed in RAID

Is it possible to do with one tool? Free would be better, but if not, we will pay for it, with some trial available.

Also if not, what mixture of tools would you suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Re: SNMP monitoring

You could look at SpiceWorks for much of it -- not sure about the RAID monitoring though

Price is definitely right!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: SNMP monitoring

RAID monitoring is one of the things I need the most