No announcement yet.

MOM 2005/Server 2003 AD Monitor Trusts script 0x8004100E error code

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOM 2005/Server 2003 AD Monitor Trusts script 0x8004100E error code

Hello everyone

I am running MOM 2005 on a Server 2003 SP2 management server which is monitoring other Server 2003 SP2 servers (i.e. domain controllers, application and file & print servers).

MOM is reporting the following alert regarding one of the DCs, and despite performing various forum and Google searches I have not been able to find a solution to the problem;

Name: Script Based Test Failed to Complete
    Severity: Warning
    Resolution State: New
    Computer: xxxxDC01
    Time of First Event: 24/01/2012 17:51:00
    Time of Last Event: 25/01/2012 11:37:00
    Alert latency:0 sec
    Problem State: Investigate
    Repeat Count: 63
    Source: AD Monitor Trusts
    Alert Id: 556534f0-ecf4-4205-b6be-b907a943c967
    Rule (enabled): Microsoft Windows Active Directory\Active Directory Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 \Active Directory - General\Script Based Test Failed to Complete

The script 'AD Monitor Trusts' failed to get the TrustProvider configuration object.The error returned was: '' (0x8004100E)"

One forum I read suggested re-installing the management pack by running the oomads msi file, and another suggested that the cause may be an incorrect FQDN entry in the OnePoint database. However, running the MSI has not made any difference (even after a rebbot) and the FQDN entry appears to be correct?

There don't appear to be many search results for the specific 0x8004100E error code, and although I have seen Hotfixes suggested for similar error messages with different error codes, I am reluctant to apply them because; a) they do not relate to this specific errors and b) there are warning messages on Microsoft's website stating that installing an incorrect hotfix may damage the system.

I don't know what is causing this error message or how to correct it. I think I have provided as much information as I can, but if I have missed anything that someone needs to help diagnose and correct the problem please let me know and I will try to update this thread accordingly.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.