No announcement yet.

Setting up Out of Band management in SCCM 2007 R3

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting up Out of Band management in SCCM 2007 R3

I have read about 10 guides on the subject and still haven't had any luck making it work. All the guides seem to assume you have set up AMT previously, sadly I however never knew what it did until a few weeks ago.

AMT has never been configured on our computers, we have mostly Dell and IBM computers, some with v-pro and without.
    I have followed the technet instructions for certificates exactly and have installed the Intel WS-Man software onto the site server.

I am wondering about the MEBx password I set up... everywhere I read says the default password is "admin", however when configuring OOB in SCCM it won't let me put in "admin" because it doesn't fit the "complexity requirements".
    I don't know where the password requirements came from either.

In this part of the setup, all the instructions I've seen say "set the MEBx password to what you've used previously, the default is "admin" but you can change that later".

Does SCCM know to use "admin" initially and then change it to what I've set?

The amtopmgr.log shows errors establishing tcp sessions to the %ipaddress%:16993.