No announcement yet.

Capacity Management

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacity Management

Hi All,

Trying to see if there would be a product available that we could use to monitor disk capacity of circa 90 windows server 2003 and 10 windows server 2003 servers

these are a mixture of file and print, application and sql servers.

Many thanks

Re: Capacity Management

have you done any research into possible options ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

to be honest no, if you could point me in the direction of a couple of products i will gladly look at them.

i don't need anything massively complicated but would like to be able to set realistic thresholds per server and be alerted when capacity drops to 20% 15% etc etc

many thanks

Look at PerfMon (native windows tool)
        Price is definitely right!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

sounds more like you need snmp monitoring.
          you can look into spiceworks, which is free, or go the exact opposite and go with solarwinds, which is a huge dollar. i have used both, but solarwinds is a clearner layout.

on a side note (the used car salesman in me) if you need something for active directory management, let me know! i will hook you up with a trial version of our product at techtoolbox.

Will Smith