Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to sync WSUS and SCCM

Hi All,

I've a VM workstation on which I am running Windows Server 2003 and some client machines. On the server I've added two NIC's one more internal traffic and other one to connect to the internet. On the Server I've installed SCCM and WSUS. The issue is WSUS and SCCM are not getting synced.

I've not configured WSUS, just installed it. I've added the Software update point role. There is no proxy server. I've verified this via proxycfg command and this was the output I received
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>proxycfg
    Microsoft (R) WinHTTP Default Proxy Configuration Tool
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Current WinHTTP proxy settings under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
    SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Connections\
    WinHttpSettings :

Direct access (no proxy server).

I've created a different IIS site for WSUS and not using the default one. The port numbers are 8530 and 8531. I've verified that WSUS is using these ports as well. I googled up for the issue and checked ports -- proxy -- services, they all are seem to be fine.

Event viewer shows Event id 6703 and source as SMS Server. Description is On 5/27/2011 3:19:58 PM, component SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER on computer DC01 reported: SMS WSUS Synchronization failed.
    Source: CWSyncMgr:oSync.
    The operating system reported error 2147500037: Unspecified error

Any suggestions what is not working properly.

Thank you in advance,

Re: Not able to sync WSUS and SCCM

Can you clarify what isnt syncing -- WSUS with Microsoft Update or SCCM with WSUS?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

SCCM needs to download MS updates via WSUS ....... this is not going on

Comment

OK, so WSUS is able to sync with Microsoft but SCCM cannot sync with WSUS?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I was not syncing WSUS with MS updates .... I was trying that SCCM can download updates in its console and in its database with the help of WSUS.

So that SCCM can then push updates to the client machines instead WSUS doing this job .... My issue got fixed, this time I did nothing just verified that the port numbers -- settings -- computer were correctly filled out...

I switched off my machine -- went to work -- came back -- tried syncing again and it worked ..... how this worked on its own -- I am not sure .... I read in one of MS forums that this happened with someone too ...

Thank you Tom for replying

Appreciate it
          Last edited by lvaibhavt; 28th May 2011, 09:55.

Comment

AFAIK WSUS must sync with MS Update for SCCM to pull in its list -- SCCM does the downloading

Glad you have it fixed -- SCCM always seems "laggy" with applying new settings
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X