Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Management Software

Hey all Petri Members.

I need a little help to find a Management Software in style with SpiceWorks. But I need this software to work over the Internet and on several different networks. My setup is that I'm providing support to various customers and I want to be able to monitor their network so that problems can be solved fast. Software has to be installed on Windows servers.

I hope this information is enough to anyone familiar with such software.

Best Regards

Mr. School

Re: Network Management Software

What sort of monitoring are you looking for?

If you want alerts on server uptime and status, maybe look at R-U-ON. I imagine with multiple customers you'd need the paid-for version, but it's priced very reasonably.

If you can give us a better idea of what your needs are then maybe we can suggest more.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

We use Zenoss to monitor our network, it monitors server uptime, event log errors etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
        We use Zenoss to monitor our network, it monitors server uptime, event log errors etc etc.

Don't think Zenoss runs on Windows. Might want to look into Big Brother, pretty sure that runs on Windows.

Comment

I'm faaairly sure you CAN configure spiceworks as an MSP.

another option is Kaseya - we use this over >100 clients to monitor servers, and provide remote access to workstations.

It feeds data on alerts into our case management system.
          sure, we need to make sure that the firewall at each site allows communication to and from our Kaseya server, but that's no big deal really.
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by falbanese View Post
            Don't think Zenoss runs on Windows. Might want to look into Big Brother, pretty sure that runs on Windows.
            Yeah we have Zenoss running on a Linux box, it's a sweet piece of software though. Monitor's our servers a treat.

Comment

Working...
            X