No announcement yet.

How to add programs to Add/Remove programs?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add programs to Add/Remove programs?

Hi Guys

I am using SCCM 2007 SP1 with Windows Server 2003. I am looking for a solution where I add user to a security group in AD, then corresponding application starts to display in Add/Remove program list for user to run.

- I created a security group called APP_SMS_Reader9.2_GG in AD.
    - I add 2 users to it such as Mike & Roy.
    - I also created collection in SCCM 2007 under the name of APP_SMS_Reader9.2_GG.
    - After that I distribute my pre-created Adobe Reader 9.2 package to that collection.

Result: It works fine and deploys application automatically to user when they log into computer.

However, I want user to chose to install from Add/Remove programs and it should not automatically deploy on to their computers. I also want Adobe Reader 9.2 to keep displaying in Add/Remove programs list till they are member of the security group - APP_SMS_Reader9.2_GG.

I know, I, can achieve this via GPO. However, I am looking for alternative solution via SCCM 2007. Any suggestions to this post will be appreciated and thank you all in advance.

Re: How to add programs to Add/Remove programs?

I think I found the solution. I have suppressed notifications in program advertisement. Also selected option to install only when user logged on and provided him Administrative privileges. If someone have better solution, I will be interested.