Sccm 2007 r2 sp2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sccm 2007 r2 sp2

I am looking for a useful guide which elaborates of the steps in SCCM 2007 R2 SP2 installation, Google did not bring an accurate document.

Could someone help?
    Insaf Muhammed
    System Admin
    -----------------
    Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Re: Sccm 2007 r2 sp2

What are you installing, SCCM from new, or the service pack on an existing installation?

What operating system?

Please ensure you provide all required information to answer your question in line with the forum rules.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hello gforceindustries,

I apologies my ignorance of the forum rules. I'll pay better attention..

Now, I am in need to deploy SCCM 2007 R2 SP2 (fresh installation) in my company environment. The chosen operating system is (preferred) Win 2008 R2 X64 Hope the following information helps resolve my request:

• I'll be using SCCM 2007 for software updates and software deployment on our Windows Servers
      • We've got around 200 servers (around 50 physical and 150+ VMWare) located in two different locations connected via 100MBPS leased line ( single AD domain/single AD site)
      • I'm concerned about the planning phase, like where to host the primary SCCM site server? Does it need secondary server on the other location, or will it be fine that primary server itself can manage both sites? What are

Please give me an idea what I am supposed to do?
      Last edited by Insaf; 14th March 2011, 14:36.
      Insaf Muhammed
      System Admin
      -----------------
      Never break four things in life: TRUST, PROMISE, RELATIONS & HEART. Cause when they break they don't make noise but pains a lot

Comment

SCCM 2007 R3 is now available depending on your licensing setup. Is this available to you? I believe it is if you are on Software Assurance.

With regards to Primary site placement, it would depend on the placement of the IT administrators. I have recently put in SCCM and went with 1 Primary site and the rest are going to be secondary. There are 7 physical locations, with 7 AD sites.

You would also need to consider the placement of Distribution Points as each site should ideally have one seeing that your Update and Software packages will be on them for distribution to clients.

Comment

We have two locations (physical sites) and single AD domain. I must be putting the primary site server where most of the servers are placed (location 1) and the connection to location 2 is via 100 Mbps leased line. here,

• Do I need a secondary/additional site server on location 2?
          • What is distribution point? if it's a role of configuration manager, will it run from the primary site server or additional servers required on both locations?

Kindly clarify my que.
          Last edited by Insaf; 20th March 2011, 10:24.
          Insaf Muhammed
          System Admin
          -----------------

Comment

Working...
          X