Deploy OpenOffice through SMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploy OpenOffice through SMS

Has anyone successfully managed to deploy OpenOffice through SMS?

Am having issues using the MSI file or trying to create my own using WinInstall_LE

Re: Deploy OpenOffice through SMS

Please provide more information about your setup/configuration and what exactly you have done.
    Server?
    Clinets?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

I am trying to use SMS through Windows Server 2003, deploying to XP clients.

I have a job set up to install Openoffice using the following install command:

start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg32.msi SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 INSTALLLOCATION="C:\Open Office" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_p_Base,gm_p_Base_Bin,gm_p_Base_Help

Which works fine if you do the install manually through the command line, however when you try and use the job through SMS it fails. It's like SMS can't execute the command because it's in the wrong directory.

I don't know how to get SMS to download the software to a specific directory on the client machine and then run CMD from that directory and execute the command.

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
        start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg32.msi SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 INSTALLLOCATION="C:\Open Office" ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=gm_p_Base,gm_p_Base_Bin,gm_p_Base_Help
        Why don't you use \\servername\share\folder\openofficeorg32.msi ?
        Be sure to give the proper read rights to the file share.
        gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

I've managed to write a batch file

::This batch file performs an install of OpenOffice3.2

::Makes directories
          md c:\support
          md c:\support\OOinstall
          md c:\support\OOinstall\java
          md c:\support\OOinstall\licenses
          md c:\support\OOinstall\mods
          md c:\support\OOinstall\readmes
          md c:\suport\OOinstall\redist

::Copies files from SRVGSMS to C drive
          copy \\SERVER\e$\packages\OpenOffice\ "C:\support\OOinstall" /y
          copy \\SERVER\e$\packages\OpenOffice\java "C:\support\OOinstall\java" /y
          copy \\SERVER\e$\packages\OpenOffice\licenses "C:\support\OOinstall\licenses" /y
          copy \\SERVER\e$\packages\OpenOffice\mods "C:\support\OOinstall\mods" /y
          copy \\SERVER\e$\packages\OpenOffice\readmes "C:\support\OOinstall\readmes" /y
          copy \\SERVER\e$\packages\OpenOffice\redist "C:\support\OOinstall\redist" /y

::Changes directory to the install directory
          cd "C:\support\OOinstall"

::Performs the install silently, with no restart and removes the option for online updates
          start /wait msiexec /qn /norestart /i openofficeorg32.msi ADDLOCAL=All REMOVE=gm_o_Onlineupdate

:eletes the shortcut icon on the users desktops
          del "C:\Documents and Settings\All USers\Desktop\OpenOffice.org 3.2.lnk"

::Changes directory to the mods directory
          cd "C:\support\OOinstall\mods"

::Copies quickstarts shortcut into startup and copies disable wizard file
          copy "OpenOffice.org 3.2.lnk" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" /y
          copy "DisableFirstStartWzd_ooo321.oxt" "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\Program" /y

::Changes directory to execute disable wizard
          cd "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\Program"

::Unpacks and executes the disable wizard file
          unopkg add --shared DisableFirstStartWzd_ooo321.oxt

::Changes directory to delete old install files
          cd "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs"

:eletes old installed files
          echo Y| rmdir /s "OpenOffice.org 3.1"
          echo Y| rmdir /s "OpenOffice.org 3.0"

::Install complete
          Maybe not the prettiest but the install works. Although it only works if you run the batch file manually, SMS doesn't seem to want to perform the batch file installation as I want. Am just getting an exit code of 1...

Comment

Working...
          X