Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best book for SCCM 2012

Hi guys ,

Please advise what is the best book I can buy for SCCM administration , I don't need a book to tell me how to install SCCM but I need a book with detailed and explanations and even professional tips to ease my SCCM administration tasks .

do you have any advice ?

Thanks

Watzmann

No single book, although the MSFT training course (10747) is (IHMO) pretty good

Best tool is practice, practice and more practice
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

These days I'm not a huge fan of the MOC material - they are fine if your primary goal is passing the equivalent exam (70-243 in the case of the course Ossian suggested) but they tend to focus on features that aren't often used in the real world rather than on the every day tasks.

YMMV though, depends on what you need to do for your job and what you are doing with SCCM. I've been using a few websites for the various things I've been working on lately with SCCM 2012 R2 (Primarily configuring automatic updates, identifying client machines that aren't running the standard corporate build and integrating Intel AMT Functionality)

https://sccmguru.wordpress.com/
      https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/portal/

There are some good TechNet blogs as well for various topics, TechNet itself is a little dry on real-world scenarios too IMO but the bloggers generally have hands-on real world experience.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
      X