X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPM2007 and hyper v

Hi

i have installed DPM 2007 on 2003 R2 server

installed on my hyper v R2 cluster agants , i can see the hosts but when i try to create a protection group i get this error all the time
    "ensure that the dependent volumes for the data sources are online"

Please assist

TK

Re: DPM2007 and hyper v

Hello,

You cannot backup a cluster shared volume using DPM 2007. DPM 2010 is the way to go. You can only install a dmp agent inside the vm, and the backup the vm. Host based backup is a no go.

Gerth.
    gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

This is more of a licensing question.

We have a Microsoft Schools Agreement. I have heard Microsoft DPM 2010 is really cheap. I am looking at this as an alternative to the backup system which we are using which is really difficult to sort and manage but we do have Linux/Apple Servers.

We have 3 VMware ESX Hosts running 11 Windows Server 2003,2008,2008 R2 servers and 2 Ubuntu Servers 8.04.
      We have 1 physical DC, 1 Exchange 2007 enterprise VM, 1 SQL Server VM, 2 Windows File Servers (1 2003 and 1 2008R2).

It sounds like DPM will be a bargain! Apparantly its 55 for server license and 5 per client for each server which needs a DPM client.

Surely this can't be right, can someone can confirm that I am not going crazy!!

Thanks

Comment

If you have a school agreement, these prices can be right. But it really depends on the county you are in.
        gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X