MOM Management Server unable to connect to server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOM Management Server unable to connect to server

I have this virtual image sitting on my Win XP box and installed is MOM Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 and i have a problem with connecting to the server (the virtual image), this was already installed before i got this box now everytime i try to connect to the server i get "error connecting to server:locathost" or when i type in the server name i get "error connecting to server:monitor"
    i have changed the password for dcom+ applications and no luck
    Any help will be welcomed.

Re: MOM Management Server unable to connect to server

Sorry, can you clarify this:
    Client is Windows XP
    MOM is running as a virtual machine (which server OS)? on that

What virtualisation software are you using?
    WHich computer gives you the error?
    Can you access the guest OS OK?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Sorry i typed this at the end of my shift so was in a hurry.

Yes the Client (My local machine) is Windows XP Professional
      And on my Windows XP Prof i have a virtual machine running the OS for the virtual is Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition R2, SP 2
      Its a VMware virtual platform, X86-base PC, the name of the VMware Server is Monitor
      And MOM is running on this virtual machine, MOM 2005 version 5.0.2911.0
      The computer that gives me the error is the actual virtual platform called Monitor
      I can access the virtual machine via domain with the domain admin username
      I can access the virtual machine locally via computer name Monitor with the administrator username
      I can access the virtual machine locally via computer name Monitor with the guest username

Here is the problem i am able to log into the virtual machine fine, i just cant login or connect to the MOM server which has the same name as the virtual machine (MONITOR) is this a password issue or something else bigger???

Comment

Does anyone have any skills in helping me with my Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 conflict, unable to log into application giving me erorr message, unable to connect to server????????

pls help someone

Comment

I guess no one knows about this issue and therefore can not help me ?????

Comment

Working...
          X