computers from WSUS replica server in WSUS Upstream console

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computers from WSUS replica server in WSUS Upstream console

I set a replica WSUS server for Upstream (on 2012 R2). Sync is OK. Comps with GPO to replica appear in the console of Replica.
    Need to see them in Unassigned Computers in Upstream's console.

1. On upstream: Options-Reporting Rollup-" Rollup status from Replica Downstream" is checked.

2. In GPO applied to machines connected to Replica server:

a) set the intranet update service: Replica_Server_name

b) should I type the same Replica_Server_name in Set the Intranet statistics server box or it should be the name of Upstream server?
    I typed Replica Server Name.

Should I do something in other GPO settings for seeing comps from replica on Upstream?
    Thx.
    Last edited by mla; 25th December 2015, 20:58.
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

it works after sync
    "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

All the GPO settings point to the replica server, which shows everything locally (but cannot be "managed" while it is a replica). You put computers into groups here if not done through GPO.

On the upstream server, you see downstream plus local data and can approve updates
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X