Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install OS on 100 PC at a time

Hi,

I want to install XP on my 100 nodes at a time how do i?

Re: Install OS on 100 PC at a time

Very slowly....

Alternatively, if you have 2003R2 or 2008 servers in a domain, you can use Windows Deployment Services to roll out either the base OS or a pre-configured reference image.

Note this is not something you can decide on one day and do the next -- you will need a considerable amount of planning to get it right (and to avoid having to re-deploy if mistakes are made). is a good starting point, or consider hiring an experienced consultant
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have Server 2008

Comment

OK, so you can use WDS then
        As I suggested, do your research and planning first
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Can u refer any detailed article with snapshots for it?

Comment

Not knowing anything about your environment, it is difficult to give "detailed" anything, but to save you the trouble of spending 5 seconds on I have done that for you:
            http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...meta=&aq=f&oq=

You have a number of steps to jump through -- creating a reference machine with installed apps, sysrepping and imaging it, creating automated install scripts and then deploying it. If you mess things up, you may have to redeploy all 100 machines, so please take the time to plan it for your own environment. This is one case where, if you have no experience, hiring a consultant may be well worthwhile.
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X