Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specifying updates in WSUS

Hello,

I set up a WSUS server and when approving the updates I cannot find a way to exclude the Windows 7 x64.

My lab environment has only Windows 7 and Windows 2008 32bits, but when choosing the products to download, I am not sure whether it exists a way to say to WSUS: "I only need x32 related operating system updates."

In the meantime, I am just approving all the updates, x64 and x32, but I think that will take up a lot of unnecessary space in the server.

Thanks in advance!
    -
    Madrid (Spain).

You can't. Its Windows 7 and that's the only option you get.

Comment

You can set the filter to "failed and needed" and then only actually required updates will be visible for approval. Most updates come in x64 and x86 flavours
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        You can set the filter to "failed and needed" and then only actually required updates will be visible for approval. Most updates come in x64 and x86 flavours
        Awesome !!!

Thanks both!
        -
        Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Working...
        X