Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to push SMS 2003 packages to the client machines

Hi All,

I have my lab VM enviourment running windows server 2003. Here are the details for the same --

Domain tiwari.local
    Domain controller's name is comp1.tiwari.local
    Member server's name is memsertiw.tiwari.local
    First client xp machine xp1.tiwari.local
    Second xp machine xp2.tiwari.local

On the member server I've installed SMS 2003 with sp1 and then upgraded to sp2. I have SQL server 2000 (MS SQL enterprise manager 8.0) on the same machine as well. SMS console comes up ok. That looks fine. My issue is that I am not able to push SMS client s/w from the console to the client machines. I've made a domain user account "golu" as a member of domain admins and I am using this account to push packages.

I've seen MS tutorial on how to go about SMS installation and some other videos too however for some reason SMS client packages are not getting installed. I donot want to install the SMS packages manually on the client machines (that defeats the purpose).

I've installed SMS resource kit 2 and ran SMS trace with cmm.log. There is a bunch of stuff that comes up and I am not unable to catch where the issue - looking at the errors. I am new to SMS. I've attached log file for xp2 client machine. I did search forum but could not fiind a post related to mine.

Any help on this is truely appreciated. If you have any questions or if I missed please let me know.

Thank you in advance

Re: Not able to push SMS 2003 packages to the client machines

Here is the log file -- i forgot in the last post
    Attached Files

Comment

To me it seems a permission error.
      What permission has the sms account and is the Windows Firewall enabled?
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thanks for the reply - I've used a domain account "golu" and added in domain admins group. I am using this acocunt to install packages on the client machine. Windows Firewall is off and this is just a basic vm enviourment. When I populate clients in SMS console then they come up as "assigned" but clients is no. Not sure what other setting to check.

Here are some logs again - if they help

Hey to something to add on -- I was checking event viewer on my SMS server and this error came up. I've added a pic. This might help you.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by lvaibhavt; 5th January 2010, 02:18.

Comment

I was getting an error message in the event viewer that BITS is not enabled in IIS. This error was also coming up on MPsetup log when I tried SMS trace. I then installed BITS and enabled it from web service ext in IIS. Now MPsetup log is kinda frozen and is nothing is coming up. Same goes for MPmsi log.

When I open SMS client console and scroll to collections. All the client machines are "assigned yes". Now when I open event viewer this error I get --- """WMI ADAP was unable to retrieve data from the PerfLib subkey: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mssindex\Perform ance\Library, error code: 0x80041009""" error code 47. I've attached a snapshot (event47). I've also attached logs for a single client machine xp1 for which packet didnot go through. Not sure what to do next.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X