Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

make specific update avaliable via WSUS how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make specific update avaliable via WSUS how?

Hi

microsoft has release a hotfix KB974176 which I need to make it avaiable for all my users. WSUS updates hasn't pickup that updates under his updates list

how do i get my WSUS server to pick up this one update manaually? is there a better way. can i manually paste this into the WSUS update database on the WSUS server?

I have tryed to download and push it out via GPO but I don't want it user to see this popup when its running etc. I tryed to run as a script in silent mode but that's too hard so WSUS will be the best way to do it.

Re: make specific update avaliable via WSUS how?

1. Open WSUS console
    2. Select "Updates" from the console tree on the left.
    3. Click the hyperlink on the right side labeled "Import Updates"
    4. It takes you to the MS Update Catalog
    5. Search for the update you require and select "Add"
    6. Now find your update from the console tree under Updates
    7. Configure a policy to deploy it, it will usually show up under "All Updates"
    8. I've found that it sometimes takes a while for it to show up in the list depending on the size of the update.

Comment

thanks,

now i have another problem another update got deployed via WSUS KB967715 which is causing USB drives problems.

If I decline this update now would this clean it from the client machines? or is it too late now? 88% of my computers got this update and i need to remove it now.

Comment

If the update itself supports unistallation then you can approve it for removal from WSUS, Otherwise you'll have to script its removal using spuninst.exe maybe.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X