Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on how to configure SCOM for new workstation alert

Dear Technical Experts,

Is there any ways we can know that a particular workstation has been joined to domain and by which user...

I have a win 2003 network with Management policies naming workstation with user login,some of my support engineers are not following this rule and i would like to track these engineers..

Kindly help me with this..It would be great if anyone help me configure this alert with SCOM 2007 as well..

Thanks in advance...

Re: help on how to configure SCOM for new workstation alert

Welcome najmulhasan,

Please take your time to read the forum rules, you have double posted and both of them missed he systems management forum. I've deleted the one in Active Directory and requested that this one is moved. Please make sure you read before you post again. Thanks
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: help on how to configure SCOM for new workstation alert

najmulhasan,
      it sounds like you might need to audit events on your domain controller...

another way to do it would be to hassle all your engineers, and insist that their work is reviewed by a manager.. sure, it's an annoying management overhead for a little while.. but if the engineers learn they are going to be watched, they'll start doing things properly.

i'd also investigate telling them sternly, again, incase someone forgot.

one way you could find out what you need to audit, it specifically enable ALL the audit requirements, then join a computer to the domain, then turn of the audit requirements, then review them.. that'll give you an idea at least..
      Last edited by tehcamel; 23rd May 2009, 11:07.
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
      X