Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reporting not working in SCE 2007 after SQL 2005 Express upgraded to SQL 2005 Standar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting not working in SCE 2007 after SQL 2005 Express upgraded to SQL 2005 Standar

Hi there

Due to reporting requirements, I performed an in-place upgrade on a SCE 2007 server of SQL Server 2005 Express Edition to SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition.

Only upgrading Reporting Services caused any challenge, and in the end we had backup the databases, uninstall Reporting Services completely, install Reporting Services and restore databases.

Seemed to go ok, until I tried to access a report (any default report).

Instead of the report loading I get this error message:
    • Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417) (rsErrorLoadingExprHostAssembly)
    I get this same emssage whether I try to access a report from within SCE reporting or from SQL Report Manager.

I've got to be honest and say I have no idea what that error message is telling me.

I'm not a SQL admin to begin with, and am at a loss.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

has anyone resolved it without rebuilding the entire server (sadly not an option)?

If so, would very much like to hear from you.

Best regards

Taw

Report post as abusive

Re: Reporting not working in SCE 2007 after SQL 2005 Express upgraded to SQL 2005 Sta

Additional Information (about the error):

Note: The following information was gathered when the operation was attempted. The information may appear cryptic but provides context for the error. The application will continue to run.
    Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportServerException : Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Reporting.Code, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417) (rsErrorLoadingExprHostAssembly)
    at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.GetExecu tionInfo()
    at Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ServerReport.GetParam eters()
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Rep orting.Parameters.ReportParameterBlock.Initialize( ServerReport serverReport)
    at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Con sole.ReportForm.SetReportJob(Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)

Comment

Re: Reporting not working in SCE 2007 after SQL 2005 Express upgraded to SQL 2005 Sta

Found the answer on the MS forums:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-464ca5bd011a/

Best regards

JH

Comment

Working...
      X